Repairing and upgrading desktop and laptop components will require you to use laptop repair tools. You can buy a laptop repair tool kit to get the complete set. Before you open up the case, be sure to read your laptop repair manual for guidance.
You need to have the following tools in repairing desktop and portable devices:
- Hooked pick for routing cables and getting into small areas.
- Digital multimeter for testing power supplies and general voltages.
- Screwdriver kit with various tips such as different sized regular and Phillips bits, Torx bits, and small spanners for removing difficult screws.
- Craft knife for cutting and prying.
- Pliers for prying and grabbing small wires.
- Soldering iron in case any wires need to be reconnected.
- Super glue in order to repair small plastic cracks and more.
You need to undergo laptop training course to learn how to use these tools properly. There are lots of computer repair courses available online and offline. Basic knowledge about laptop maintenance is also recommended to clean and take care of the components properly and extend its life.
There are also available laptop repair videos you can use to learn the basics. I recommend the laptop repairing course made by Thomas James. The videos contain detailed, step-by-step video tutorials on how to repair/replace basic components of laptops such as CD/DVD drives, battery, LCD, motherboard, and other parts on various manufacturers including Apple Macbook.